Wilmington Premises Liability Attorneys
We Have 80+ Years of Collective Legal Experience
Did you know that when you are on someone else’s property, they must take reasonable steps to ensure you are not injured by a hazard? If you get hurt, you may be able to be compensated for your injuries.
Bifferato Gentilotti LLC in Wilmington can help explore your legal options. Our premises liability lawyers are ready to pursue your case. We bring decades of collective legal experience to each claim and lawsuit, as well as a genuine desire to do what’s right for people in need.
Let’s discuss the details of your premises liability case. Call (302) 429-1900.
Types of Premises Liability Cases
A premises liability case is the umbrella term for any lawsuit involving an injury that happens on someone else’s property. To save you the trouble of looking for legal assistance capable of taking your case, we have taken the time to become familiar with all sorts of premises liability cases and issues.
Three common types of premises liability cases are:
- Slip and fall accidents: The most common type of premises liability case is the slip and fall accident, which is also one of the more common types of personal injury claims overall. Although you need to take reasonable precautions to avoid slipping or tripping on someone else’s property, the property owner has the responsibility to protect you from hazards that would make a slip and fall more likely, such as spilled products, cracked asphalt, or lifted carpeting. Slip and fall accident cases often involve retail store defendants.
- Dog bites: When visiting someone else’s home and they have a dog, they must make certain the animal is under control and well behaved. If their dog bites you, even if it has never attacked or acted aggressively before the dog owner and his homeowner’s insurance company are almost certainly required to compensate you.
- Negligent security: Certain store and land owners must take security measures to help protect visitors from crimes on their property, such as assaults and robberies. For example, an apartment complex in a high crime neighborhood should hire a security guard to patrol the complex and/or install security gates and cameras at key locations. Failing to take those security precautions could subject the proprietor to liability for any criminal harm done to visitors.
What Should You Do After a Premises Liability Accident?
It is extremely important that you seek medical attention for your injuries. Sometimes, an injury which seems like it’s a small concern can actually be a lot more serious. Injuries we see from premises liability accidents include:
- Dislocations (typically caused by falls)
- Twisted or pulled joints
- Sexual and other physical assault injuries
- Paralysis (typically from severe falls)
- Spinal injuries
- Lacerations and bruises
- Animal bites
While regaining and preserving your health is the main concern, that isn’t the only reason you should seek medical attention if you have been injured on someone else’s property through no fault of your own. It can actually hurt your case if you fail to seek medical treatment. The property owner could argue that your injuries must not have been that serious.
Count On Us for Difficult, High-Value Cases
Starting your premises liability case in Wilmington does not need to be complicated. You can reach out to our firm at any time to discuss what happened during a FREE consultation. Our attorneys can tell you what we think of your case and what should be done next without you ever signing a legal contract to use our services. It is a risk-free way of finding out more about your claim, and just one of many ways Bifferato Gentilotti LLC puts your best interests as our client first.
Please dial (302) 429-1900 when you want friendly legal professionals on your side.
Brain Injury $4,500,000
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys secured a $4.5 million dollar settlement for a client who suffered brain injuries during the course of his employment as a result of a crane (boom lift) rollover accident.
Wrongful Death $3,225,000
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys resolved a wrongful death claim and obtained $3.225 Million Dollars for the family of a motorcycle rider that was struck by a commercial vehicle.
Wrongful Death $2,200,000
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys resolved a wrongful death claim for $2.2 million dollars.
Motor Vehicle Accident $1,600,000
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys settled a personal injury case for $1.6 Million Dollars. Our client was in a rear end accident. She suffered severe and permanent back injuries which required multiple surgeries and several years of medical treatment.
Auto Accident $1,450,000
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys settled an auto accident claim for $1.450 million dollars. Bifferato Gentilotti ’s client suffered serious and permanent injuries to her leg as a result of the auto accident.
Auto Accident $1,400,000
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys settled an auto accident claim for $1.4 million dollars. Bifferato Gentilotti’s client was injured when a trailer being pulled by a commercial vehicle detached from the vehicle and struck Bifferato Gentilotti’s client’s vehicle.
Motor Vehicle Accident $1,150,000
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys settled a personal injury claim for $1.150 Million Dollars. Our client suffered severe and permanent back injuries when she was struck from the rear in a multi-car accident on the highway. She underwent back surgery and will require future treatment for her injuries.
Auto Accident $995,000
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys settled an auto accident claim for $995,000. Bifferato Gentilotti’s client was a passenger on a motorcycle when it was struck by a commercial vehicle
Auto Accident $981,000
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys settled an auto accident claim for $981,000. Bifferato Gentilotti’s client suffered injuries that required surgery to her back and shoulder as a result of the accident.
Workers' Compensation $980,554
Bifferato Gentilotti attorneys resolved a client’s personal injury and worker’s compensation claim for a total of $980,554.00.
Our experienced team of attorneys and support staff are focused on treating each client with integrity, respect and professionalism.
Committed to Your Recovery
We take the time to understand each client’s case and insurance coverage so that we can fight for the maximum recovery available.
A Record of Successful Results
Since its founding in 1995, Bifferato Gentilotti has obtained millions of dollars in successful verdicts and settlements for injured clients.
Insurance Industry Insight
Our attorneys know how insurance companies operate and are prepared to leverage this insight to advocate for the recovery that you deserve.
Our legal team is not afraid to go to trial and protect your rights against powerful businesses and insurance carriers.
Experience on Your Side
The seasoned attorneys at Bifferato Gentilotti possess over 80 years of collective experience fighting for the injured across the state of Delaware.